28 Place Child Care Centre – South Eastern Sydney
This is an intimate and homely 28 place long day care centre in a South East Sydney suburb. Located on an easily accessible residential street, less than 5 minutes’ walk from a primary school.
About the centre
Currently under performing, however, historically the centre has performed very well.
The centre was purchased by the current proprietor in 2013, and by 2015 the centre reached an average annual occupancy of 95%, with a renovation completed in December 2015.
Over the past 2 years, the child care centre has experienced mismanagement which affected the centres operation, decreasing occupancy and therefore turnover and minimal changes to expenses proportionate to revenue, effecting profit.
This is due to a turnover of centre managers, not adjusting expenses according to turnover and the company owner not having the time available to manage and monitor both of their child care centres.
The current owner is also selling another centre operating at 29 places with approval for 39 places in the Eastern Suburbs also.
- 28 Places
- Land Size: Over 900m2
- On-site parking
- Minutes’ walk from primary school
- Compliant with EYLF (Early Years Learning Framework)
- Operating since 2010 purchased in 2013
- Possibility to increase DA approval – excess outdoor play area space at present
- Renovated in December 2015
- Potential for high occupancy growth, revenue and cost savings
- Very low rent in proportion to achievable turnover
- Converted from low set residential dwelling in 2010
- Little to no advertising or marketing activities
- Boutique, intimate and homely environment
- Runs QikKids Child Care Software
- New vibrant and passionate manager started November 2018
- Further cost savings for an owner operator
To bring the centre back to its thriving status
- Needs a focused, passionate owner operator
- An experienced centre/business development manager from an existing child care company to add to its portfolio
- Consolidating with a centre/group in the area to maximise the economies of scale
To receive further information please complete the below registration: http://www.abbagroup.com.au/?p=4801142#enquire-nowTo receive further information please complete the below registration: https://www.abbagroup.com.au?p=4801142#enquire-now
Annual Rent : $80,000 - Weekly Rent : $1,538
Annual Turnover : $307,000 - Weekly Turnover : $5,904
Annual Gross Profit : Not Disclosed - Weekly Gross Profit : Not Disclosed
Annual Ebit : $41,500 - Weekly Ebit : $798
Premise : Leased
Lease Commencement : Nov 2012
Lease End : Nov 2017
Lease Option: 5 + 5 + 5 years
Franchise : No
Year Purchased : 2013
Year Established : 2010
Days Trading : 5
Staff : 2 Full Time - 1 Part Time
Reason for Sale : Reconsolidation of assets and holding groups’ company structure
Location : High exposure block on residential street metres from primary school in South East Sydney of Maroubra council
Business Potential : High potential for occupancy growth, revenue and cost savings – Maximise DA and license according to land size – Utilise marketing and advertising activities
Parking Comments : On premise parking
To enquire about this listing, please fill in the form below.